Ultimate Guide to Phonics Tuition Centres in Singapore
If a child can read English properly, his/her understanding of other subjects such as maths, science can improve at a later age.
In order to get your child to start reading with interest, the best way is to enrol him/her in Phonics Enrichment classes.
Here’s our guide to help you find the best approachable and convenient Phonics Enrichment and Learning Centres across the island. Here, you go:
- Read in a Week (RIAW): It can be the best pick for your child since they claim to start delivering results within a week, just as their name says. The benefits and highlights at RIAW are:
- Tutors at RIAW use synthetic phonics teaching approach to engage children to learn how to read and write quickly.
- Age range: 4 years to 12 years
- They have a 3-in-1 programme where they help children in reading, good phonics and spellings through their specially crafted techniques.
- They can help your child recognise and read 500 words in just 6 sessions.
- Small group learning.
Address: 20 centres in different regions:
- West: Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Jurong West
- North: Ang Mo Kio, Sembawang, Woodlands, Yishun
- North-east: Kovan, Sengkang, Serangoon
- Central: Harbourfront, Tiong Bahru, Toa Payoh
- East: Bedok, Simei, Tampines
Contact: +65 6726 0300; Mobile: +65 9061 5789
Source link: https://www.readinaweek.com.sg/
- I Can Read (ICR): ICR can be the centre of choice for the following features:
- More than 2 decades of experience.
- Tutors at ICR strive to develop independent readers.
- Age Range: 2.5 years to 12 years
- Focus on a wide variety of reading, write and play activities to improve their phonological awareness and literacy skills.
Address: 25 outlets, visit their website for list
Source link: https://www.icanread.asia/singapore/english
- Edufarm: At Edufarm, your child can learn to read, spell and write through several features like that of:
- They use the Letterland synthetic phonics programme that prioritises letter sounds to teach students how to read and spell effectively.
- The centre is also experienced with childcare and education services, with playground, tuition and enrichment programmes under their helm.
- Age range: 18 months to 7 years
Address: Visit their website for list
Contact: 6715 8458
Source link: https://www.edufarm.com.sg/enrichment/
- Mindchamps: This is a champion centre where enrichment programs are tailored according to an individual child’s needs. Other features include:
- Age Range: 3 years to 7 years
- The reading programme is conducted over 10 weeks with each session being 2 hours long.
- Following the reading ability of each child, they are grouped into 3 different groups, viz. MindChamps Reading, MindChamps Writing and MindChamps Junior Programme.
Main Address: #04-100 Marina Square, S 039594
Visit their website for full list islandwide
Source link: https://www.mindchamps.org/enrichment/
- My English School (MES): Phonics Enrichment at MES has been divided into five different stages of reading instructions. It also offers:
- Programmes aim to bring your child from phonemic awareness to complete self-managed comprehension.
- Small class size for personalised attention.
- Promotion based on individual child’s readiness.
Address: Check website for full list
Source link: https://www.myenglish.com.sg/reading-programme/overview/
- People’s Association Community Centres (PACC): As a part of this community, Montessori phonics sessions can be availed at varied centres across the island. Features of Phonics tuition here are:
- Age range: 4 years to 6 years
- The child will learn the phonetic sounds of A to Z and the Consonants Blend.
- Following that, he will be introduced to the main Phonograms. The child's reading skills will be further strengthened with emphasis on clarity in pronunciation and word building.
- Early Comprehension will be taught towards the end of the programme.
Contact: 6225 5322
- Little Readers - Genius Tots (LRGT): This is another centre that uses synthetic phonics approach to help children read and pronounce correctly. Other features include:
- Small class size.
- Age range: 3.5 years to 7 years
- SENGKANG: Near Compass One, Sengkang MRT & Sengkang General Hospital (Contact: 81385397)
- PUNGGOL CENTRAL: Near Waterway Point, Punggol MRT & Punggol Bus Interchange (Contact: 97279130)
Source link: https://www.littlereaderssg.com/
- Learning Journey (LJ): Learning is truly a journey and it can be made interesting with good teachers like that available at LJ. Other features that distinguish LJ from other centres are:
- They cover an extensive list of subjects and scope.
- The centre provides the Super Readers programme, with emphasis on phonics, reading and art.
- Age range: 2.5 years - 8 years
- Small class size.
- They also offer 1-1 coaching.
- Serangoon Branch: Blk 540 Serangoon North Ave 4 #B1-109 Singapore 550540 (Contact: 6555-1849/ 96252102; E-mail: email@example.com)
- Punggol East Branch: Blk 658 Punggol East #01-09 Singapore 820658 (Contact: 97208802; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Source link: https://www.learningjourney.edu.sg/enrichment/
- Jan & Elly English Language School (JE): Recognized as the best school in Phonics and Reading, JE can be your pick for your child for the following features:
- Age range: 4 years - 6 years
- Children are prepared well to attend the primary school ahead.
- Great expertise at the subject.
- Seletar Hills: 1 Seletar Road, #02-10 Greenwich V, Singapore 807011 (Tel: 6481 8892, Fax: 6481 7793; E-mail: email@example.com)
- Bukit Timah: 432 Upper Bukit Timah Rd, The Rail Mall, Singapore 678058 (Tel: 6762 7783, Fax: 6762 7781; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Serangoon Gardens: 11A Kensington Park Rd, Singapore 557263 (Tel: 6280 3722, Fax: 6280 5664; E-mail: email@example.com)
Source link: https://www.jan-elly.com/family/elly
- School of Concepts (SOC): It is the Centre that has won many accolades in Phonics Enrichment. It is frequently featured in various esteemed magazines and newspapers.
- They have one of the best phonics-based literacy programmes.
- Age range: 18 months to 4 years
- Focus on Vocabulary lessons.
- Motivate children in a fun and engaging manner.
- 10 Eunos Road 8 #02-132, Singapore Post Centre, Singapore 408600
- 3 Gateway Drive #04-15, Westgate Mall, Singapore 608532
Contact: +65 6909 1883
Source link: https://www.schoolofconcepts.sg/
- Curious Thoughts Academy (CTA): Being Singapore’s only centre to have a Jolly Learning certified trainer, CTA offers following facilities:
- They use the Jolly Phonics framework.
- Age range: 18 months to 7 years
- Small batches allowing not more than 4 students per batch.
- They also give free trial classes.
Address: 261 Waterloo Street, #03-33, Singapore 180261
Contact: +65 62502595
Source link: https://academy.curiousthoughts.sg/
- Lorna Whistone (LW): If you are looking for an experienced centre and also the awarded one, you can pick LW if the location suits your preference. Other distinguishing features offered by LW are:
- Experience of 4 decades.
- In 2019, awarded as the Best in Providing Well-Balanced Early Years Programme.
- Age range: 4 years to 7 years
- “Fun with Phonics” program uses games, activities and audio-visual aids to teach children how to read, write and spell.
- Parkway Parade: #07-05 Parkway Parade, 80 Marine Parade Road, 449269
- United Square: United Square, 101 Thomson Road, #03-18 / #04-22, 307591
Contact: +65 6871 8844
Source link: https://www.lornawhiston.com/programme/enrichment-programmes-english-enrichment
- Megaphonics Enrichment Centre (MEC): MEC is a MOE-registered centre where your child can avail the following benefits:
- Experienced teachers.
- Uniquely tailored curriculum according to every child’s needs.
- Personalized educational plan to each student’s needs, interests, and abilities.
- Blk 637, Bukit Batok Central #01-12, Singapore 650637
- Blk 517, Jurong West Street 52, #01-101, Singapore 640517
Contact: +65 6569 1757
Source link: https://megaphonics.com.sg/
- Chinese Development Assistance Council (CDAC): CDAC is a non-government organization serving students with quality and affordable tuition since 1993. Apart from other academic and enrichment programs, they also offer Phonics Enrichment classes. Various benefits are:
- Small batch size.
- Affordable classes.
Address: 65 Tanjong Katong Road Singapore 436957
Contact: 6603 5555
Source link: https://www.cdac.org.sg/developing-students/tuition-programme/
- EduReach: EduReach can be your pick if it’s within your reach. Your child can have several benefits on being enrolled here, such as:
- Their phonics program offers a systematic multi-sensory approach to learning.
- Their program helps the preschooler to build a strong foundation of phonics essential for reading, writing and counting.
- Tampines campus: Blk 201E, #01-122 (2nd level, on top of red Dot Furniture), Tampines Street-23, Singapore-527201
- Hougang Campus: Blk 541, #B-1-1215, Hougang Avenue 8, Singapore - 530541
- Jurong west Campus: Blk 743, #B1-03, Jurong West Street-73. Singapore-640743
Source link: https://edureachsg.com/our-tuition-programmes/programmes-for-pre-primary-students/
- Leaps N Bound Learning (LBL): LBL is one of the best tuition centres that offer a variety of phonics programmes. Some of its highlighting features include:
- Age range: 4 years - 6 years
- Systematic learning.
- Affordable and quality programmes.
- Structured syllabus.
- Dedicated and competent teachers.
Source link: https://www.leapsnbounds.com.sg/programmes1.html
- Ace Achievers Learning Hub (AALH): Ace Achievers Speech and Drama is a multi-sensory way of teaching children to read, articulate, present and write. It is a creative land full of fun and interesting characters, fostering a child's love for language and books. The program aims to teach our kids pronunciation, presentation and writing skills.
Address: 729, Yishun Street 71, #01-123, Singapore 760729
Source link: http://www.aceachieversourlearninghub.com/enriching-activities.html
- Elite Education Talent (EET): EET offers Phonics enrichment classes both for Preschool as well as primary school students. They take classes in small batches as well as 1-1 on demand.
Address: Blk 437 Hougang Avenue 8 #B1-1521 Singapore 530437
Contact: 6387 5815
Source link: http://elite-education-talent.com/services-view/tuition/
- Kent Ridge Education (KRTC): One of the tuition centres that can provide Phonics tuitions to both children as well as adults is KRTC. Other benefits of choosing KRTC are:
- Children can begin reading in the 3rd lesson.
- Students learn to read thousands of words independently.
- Tutors boost confidence & self-esteem.
- Children are motivated to read after learning the know-how.
- Tutors correct reading/spelling difficulty.
Address: Blk 692, Jurong West Central 1, #01-81 Singapore 640692
Contact: (+65) 63970444
Source link: http://krtc-jurong.sg/enrichment/phonics/
- Growing Up Gifted (GUG): GUG’s Book + Pen Masters programme focuses on teaching smart techniques for learning phonics, reading and creative writing skills. This programme is supported by quality learning tools including the award-winning Zoo-phonics system, Smart Phonics Storybooks, Book + Pen Workbooks and Super Writing Workbooks. Language is not just taught but helped to master it at GUG.
- 300 Tampines Ave 5, Tampines Junction #07-01/07, Singapore 529653
- 2 Derbyshire Road, Singapore 309458 (Call: 6258 4722)
Source link: https://gugifted.com/book-pen-masters/
- British Council: Which another place can be better to start with other than the one that has a grounding knowledge and the required skill set. Their enrichment programmes focus on literacy, communication and confidence. Their programme combines phonics awareness with authentic reading texts to give your child the foundation to enter primary school with confidence.
Branches: 4 branches, visit their website for details
Contact: +65 6807 1599
Source link: https://www.britishcouncil.sg/
- I-creative learner: They provide various phonics enrichment programmes designed according to children’s abilities and requirements. The classes are taken up in small batches. Their programme works beyond just phonics to provide deeper interest and hone the language skills in your child.
Address: I-Creative Learner Admin Office, 42 Chai Chee St, #01-48, S( 461042 )
Branches: 5 branches, visit their website for list
Source link: https://www.i-creativelearner.com/